This is a release candidate for the next feature release of Drupal 8. Release candidates are not supported for production sites, but they are intended for widespread testing in preparation for the upcoming stable release. More information on release candidates.
This release fixes security vulnerabilities present in 8.7.0-beta2. Sites are urged to upgrade immediately after reading the security announcement and notes below:
This minor release candidate provides new improvements and functionality without breaking backward compatibility (BC) for public APIs. There may be changes in internal APIs and experimental modules that require updates to contributed and custom modules and themes per Drupal core's backwards compatibility and experimental module policies.
Minor releases may include string changes and additions. Translators can review the latest translation status on localize.drupal.org.
Important update information
For a full list of important changes since 8.6.x, also see the following:
People planning to update to this release should take note of the following important issues:
Important bug fixes
The following important issues are fixed in Drupal 8.7.0-rc1.
Resolved issues from the minor release beta testing program
Beginning with Drupal 8.7.0-beta1, the Drupal Association and the Drupal core maintainers are partnering with agencies and site owners in an official beta testing program for Drupal core minor releases. The program aims to identify and minimize regressions in minor releases. Participating in the program is a way to contribute to the Drupal project and will be credited accordingly.
The following critical issues have been resolved thanks to the beta testing program:
Other important bug fixes
Search the issue queue for all known issues.
All changes since 8.7.0-beta2
- #3049099 by alexpott, catch: Whilst updating from 8.6.x to 8.7.x you get many "Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Drupal\Core\Theme\ThemeInitialization" warnings
- #3048950 by catch, bkildow, alexpott: layout_builder_post_update_make_layout_untranslatable() attempts to query all revisions for non-revisionable entities
- #2891754 by alexpott, samuel.mortenson, Joseph Zhao, Xano, Berdir, plach, vijaycs85: [regression] UserMailRequiredValidator fails on new user entities
- SA-CORE-2019-005 by samuel.mortenson, alexpott, MichaelCu, larowlan, mlhess, xjm
- SA-CORE-2019-006 by effulgentsia, lauriii, larowlan, xjm, greggles, drumm, dtv_rb, samuel.mortenson
- #3041985 by alexpott, pifagor: Add Generic.CodeAnalysis.EmptyPHPStatement to phpcs rules to prevent empty PHP statements
- Revert "Issue #3040166 by willzyx, Mile23, alexpott, cilefen: mkdir() fails in BrowserHtmlDebugTrait.php:141 because of a race condition"
- Revert "Issue #3045525 by martin107, Berdir: EntityDeriver: deprecate entityManager."
- #3040166 by willzyx, Mile23, alexpott, cilefen: mkdir() fails in BrowserHtmlDebugTrait.php:141 because of a race condition
- #3045525 by martin107, Berdir: EntityDeriver: deprecate entityManager.
- #2731817 by mikelutz, ashishdalvi, Sonal.Sangale, dbt102, andypost, jhodgdon, martin107, roderik: Replace all calls to the deprecated Drupal::url() function in Core
- #3046018 by claudiu.cristea: Convert SelectionTest into a Kernel test
- #3046382 by vadim.hirbu, claudiu.cristea, Lendude: Convert ConfigTranslationFormTest into a Kernel test
- #3046171 by claudiu.cristea, Lendude: Convert FilterCaptionTwigDebugTest into a Kernel test
- #3046388 by claudiu.cristea: Convert LocaleStringTest into a Kernel test
- #3045125 by vadim.hirbu: Possible wrong token assignment on display modes
- #3041778 by mikelutz, claudiu.cristea, alexpott: Convert FilterEntityBundleTest into a kernel test
- #3041696 by claudiu.cristea, Lendude: Convert FieldApiDataTest into a kernel test
- #3041375 by lauriii, johndevman, yogeshmpawar, bnjmnm: Convert behaviors.layoutBuilderBlockDrag to use js- prefixed classes for attaching behaviors
- #2787185 by botris, mikelutz, kekkis, mikeryan, lemuelsantos, mvbaalen, quietone, BenStallings, mpotter, heddn: track_changes does not work when the map is joinable
- #3042216 by johndevman, lauriii, tim.plunkett: Only add .layout-builder-block to blocks when in the Layout Builder UI
- #2756229 by mohit1604, RumyanaRuseva, quietone, heddn, 5to1: Improve destination missing exception message
- #2994947 by dead_arm, mark_fullmer, alexpott, kostyashupenko, brad.bulger, tim.plunkett, PCate: Add RTL CSS to Layout Builder
- #3047767 by mjchadwick: Umami demo grid-2 layout annotation minor typo
- #3018021 by tim.plunkett: Rename $id parameter to $type in SectionStorageManager
- #3047699 by alfredofonseca, joachim, cosmicdreams: The class docs for the two password reset forms should differentiate them
- #3046571 by Krzysztof Domanski: \Drupal\Tests\user\Kernel\Views\HandlerFilterCurrentUserTest:: testFilterCurrentUserAsAnonymous() can randomly fail
- #3033442 by dww, kailask, phenaproxima, seanB, lauriii: Use 24 items per page for better responsive grid behavior
- #3046697 by Krzysztof Domanski: \Drupal\Tests\views\Kernel\Entity\RowEntityRenderersTest::testRevisionBaseTable() can randomly fail
- #3044364 by amateescu: Improve hit ratio for the menu tree cache
- #3024728 by amateescu, plach: Preserve the backup tables after an entity type schema conversion process
- #3033943 by seanB, andrewmacpherson, phenaproxima, rainbreaw: MediaLibraryWidget selected items count is not conveyed to assistive tech correctly
- #2715859 by alexpott, prics, joachim, effulgentsia, Berdir, AaronBauman: ImageWidget::validateRequiredFields() produces an error message if an image field is hidden with hook_entity_field_access()
- #2987598 by eliclaggett, alexpott, Lendude, Sam152: View's pagination doesn't carry the exposed filter value
- #3037906 by vadim.hirbu: Add translation contexts to workflow schema
- #2984266 by Krzysztof Domanski, mehdib4, alexpott, jhedstrom, catch: Conditionally change the query operator in between exposed filter when empty min or max
- #3033653 by seanB, Pancho, phenaproxima, webchick, benjifisher, rainbreaw, jrockow: InvalidArgumentException when adding reference field without Media type
Last updated: 18 Apr 2019 at 16:03 UTCOfficial release from tag: 8.7.0-rc1Core compatibility: 8.x
Release type: Security updateBug fixesNew features
Short description: Release candidates are not supported for production sites, but they are intended for widespread testing in preparation for the upcoming stable release.Packaged Git sha1: 7b9a6a5cca81d933bf4dededf6c99fccc1453ffb